With the summer season now upon us, people tend to become more health conscious in comparison to their winter selves. This often gives way to a newfound appreciation for lighter foods that are generally friendlier on the waistline, leading people to opt for side salads and leafy greens over stodgier accompaniments such as chips or mashed potato. Fortunately, there are some excellent recipes out there to ensure that healthy eating doesn’t equate to boring ‘rabbit food’, allowing you to remain health conscious whilst tucking into a delicious, hearty meal. What’s more, there are now companies that are dedicating themselves to making sure healthier food that doesn’t compromise on taste is easily accessible, no matter how busy your lifestyle. Here, we have shared a recipe from one such company, Protein Pouch, using chicken from their exceptionally tasty Fresh range. Enjoy!
4 tbsp of clear honey
2 tbsp dijon mustard (or 1 tbsp English mustard)
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 heaped tbsp of creme fraiche
50ml of water
3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1 bunch of chopped parsley
800g of new potatoes
2 Protein Pouch Fresh Lemon & Pepper chicken breasts
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (400F) or 180C for fan-assisted ovens.
- Set aside the potatoes, chicken and herms and mix together the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat a large pan of water and add the potatoes, boiling until they are par-boiled, but still slightly hard. Strain off the water and set aside.
- Put the rosemary sprigs into an oven dish and place the pre-marinated chicken breasts on top, along with the par-boiled potatoes, ensuring they are spread as evenly as possible.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the top of the chicken and potatoes, and add half of the parsley and place the dish on the middle shelf of the oven.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until the juices of the chicken run clear when pierced with a skewer. Leave to stand for 5 minutes and add the remaining parsley to serve.
We would suggest serving this dish alongside a tasty summer salad that incorporates some fresh summer veggies and crisp grated carrot.